
Apparently turning 37 isn't agreeing with me. Early last Friday morning I heard the garage door open. I went running down the stairs to see why Lee had come back home and stepped on a spray bottle that had been left on one of the stairs. As I went down I grabbed the railing to keep from falling but my right foot twisted down under. It really hurt; I thought I had broken it. Since then it has been really sore especially when it twists a little bit.
Then today I was jumping on the trampoline with Ty. We were taking turns doing front flips. My mom was watching us. I wasn't landing my flips and she asked why. I told her I was afraid of over rotating and flipping off of the tramp. She told me I was too old to do this anyways. Well, I certainly didn't want to hear that so I decided to show her. I did my front flip and landed but like I was afraid of, kept going. I flipped right off of the tramp. It was really wierd because even though it happened so fast it seemed really slow. As I was going off of the tramp I grabbed the frame which maybe slowed me down. As I flipped in the air a shot of pain went down my right leg. I landed on my neck and then my legs came down and hit the ground. As I laid there I remember thinking that this is it, I broke my neck. I'm paralyzed. There was shooting pain through both of my legs, but especially my right one. They kind of tingled. Lee and my mom were right there immediately as they saw the whole thing and I could tell for a second they were really worried. Lee grabbed my hand and asked if I was OK. I laid there for a bit just trying to move my feet and hands and decide if I was OK. Thankfully I was. After laying there for a minute Lee helped me up.
It's really strange because even though I am fine other than a pulled muscle in my leg and a very sore neck I can't help thinking what could have happened. How easily I could have broken my neck. I could have landed on my head. I could have hit the frame of the tramp. I truly feel I was protected today and am grateful that my body held up. No more flips for me!
2 comments:
It is true. You should just admit yourself to an assisted living center because you are becoming too big of a burden on your family.
OK. I will do that, but first I will meet with my attorneys and sign over custody of my children to you.
Post a Comment